"I make things because I must."
2022 HGB Fiber Art Show & Sale Juried Showcase Exhibit Theme
Juror: Judy Steinkoenig
Showcase Manager: Sue Hintz-Siegrist
Applications open September 1, 2022
The 2022 Juried Showcase is dedicated to longtime HGB member Helen Davis in recognition of her significant lifetime contributions to the fiber arts and generous support of the Handweavers Guild of Boulder.
The Showcase theme “I make things because I must.” allows your creativity to run the gamut and share those things you make because you must!
Click here to learn more about Helen Davis from a DU Magazine article
Applicants to the 2022 HGB Show & Sale Juried Showcase are asked to describe how your work relates to the theme "I make things because I must."
Showcase Submission Timeline
Deadline for paid HGB Membership – September 13, 2022
- Applications open September 1, 2022
- Deadline for Showcase Submissions – October 1, 2022
Notice of juried entry acceptance emailed by October 15, 2022
• Entering Showcase items into ADE requires a password
• The juried entry acceptance email will contain the ADE required password
Jury fee $20.00 – Maximum two submissions
- After September 1, 2022 - To apply for the Showcase, click on the Register button to the left. A $20 fee will be required at the end of the application.
Current members may submit a maximum of two pieces as an individual or as part of a collaboration. The work(s) may be offered for customer purchase - HGB will retain the established Show & Sale commission of 25% for any item sold.
Member eligibility – HGB membership dues must be paid and posted by September 13, 2022
Show & Sale – Rules & Regulations – are applicable to Showcase items and participants
Questions? Please contact email@example.com
Take a look back at past Showcases
2021 - Colorful Colorado
2019 - Inspired by Music
2022 HGB Show & Sale Showcase Application Preparation
• Please note you will not be able to save your application and revisit it later.
• Chrome and Firefox are recommended browsers.
• Do not enter Showcase items into ADE until juried entry acceptance email is received
It is recommended you gather the following information before starting the application process:
• Contact information – Name – Email – Phone – PIN – Address
• Prepare digital images
- Images are uploaded as attachments to the application
- if unable to upload images - email as attachments to:
- Images submitted in .jpg format
- Images recommendation of minimum of 300 dpi and file less than 500kb
- Identify image files with LastName_FirstName_Image#.jpg
• Submission details
- If the piece is a collaboration, be prepared to provide additional artist information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artist Statement – Describe how the piece relates to the theme of "I make things because I must"– the artist statement is limited to 250 characters.
- Materials and Techniques represented in the piece
- Price (Note: you can indicate that the piece is not for sale)
- Year made
- Size – width x height x depth
If you are unable to apply online please contact the Showcase Manager
- Sue Hintz-Siegrist email@example.com