Grasslands Challenge Participation Registration
Inspired by our 2023 March and April guest speakers, both of whom talked about how fiber artists respond to their surroundings in their work, and art can be activism, Handweavers Guild of Boulder challenges you to let your imagination run Wild this year as you knit, crochet, felt, bead, quilt, weave, embroider, etc, inspired by the topic of our Colorado prairie and grassland.
We’ll come together in late Fall to see what we all made, and if we have a good body of work, look for a place to display it in 2024, perhaps in conjunction with the Guild’s 60th anniversary.
- In order to better understand the scope of HGB member involvement in the challenge we are asking all who intend to participate to register and provide a description of the fiber art you may be submitting.
- There is no fee to participate--the registration process assists the Challenge Committee in keeping track of participants and the overall volume of work that is anticipated to be received.
- Final details, submission and delivery guidelines will follow at a later date.
We've compiled many great resources to inspire you, which can be found here as pdf.
For information contact -
Jane McAtee - email@example.com
Colorado Grasslands Challenge Workshop Events
• August 5, 2023 - Hidden World of the Shortgrass Prairie - Workshop Event
• September 30, 2023 - Tallgrass Colors - A walk with Dave Sutherland
• Please note you will not be able to save your registration and revisit it later.
• Chrome and Firefox are recommended browsers.
It is recommended you gather the following information before starting the registration process:
• Contact information – Name – Email
• Prepare digital images - optional - images not required but appreciated
- Images are uploaded as attachments to the registration
- if unable to upload images - email as attachments to:
- Images submitted in .jpg format
- Images recommendation of minimum of 700 dpi and file less than 500kb
- Identify image files with LastName_FirstName_Image#.jpg
• Submission Details
- If the piece is a collaboration, provide additional artist information
- Materials and Techniques represented in the piece
- Size – width x height x depth
- Display Requirements - hanging, tabletop or other
If you are unable to register online please contact firstname.lastname@example.org